Beds are made in standard sizes, such as twin, full, queen and king sizes. It is recommended that you find a bed size that is at least four inches (10) longer than the tallest person who will sleep in it. The following measurements can be taken to ensure you get the right bed size.
- Strip the bed of all bedding. You will want to measure it from the exact edge.
- Grab a retractable measuring tape. You may ask a friend to help you hold the measuring tape if it does not lock into place.
- Keep a pen and paper nearby to write down the measurements for future reference. You will be able to use these measurements to see what type of bed you have in the next step. Alternatively, you can
- Place one end of the measuring tape at the left side of the bed. Pull the tape out until it reaches the right edge of the bed. Write down this width measurement.
- Set the end of the tape at the middle top of the bed. Extend the tape at the middle bottom of the bed. Write down this length measurement.